Pages

Jun 3, 2014

Start with the basics! (Basics 321)



Hello everyone!
Welcome to Easy Peasy!!!

Let me introduce myself first,
My name is Vicky, I am a 22 year-old who lives in the city that never sleeps (New York), but I always make sure I get my 8 - 9 hours of sleep every day!

I wanted to create a blog to show everyone just how easy it is to make food!
When I was in college, I had very limited amount of ingredients and spices that I could work with to make food, and I also met a lot of people who knew nothing about cooking, most of them remain that way till this day.

So here, I will be showing you guys some of the simplified version (my version) of the most popular and delicious dishes, easy peasy! Because it's simplified, your food will be ready in 3 ... 2 ... 1.

FIRST, let's go over some of the MUST have tools (all pictures from walmart.com)

Non-stick frying pan - This pan can be used for grilling, roasting, pan frying, a kitchen super star!






Wooden Spatula - because it's wooden, you never have to worry about it melting in the pot, or even scratching your pot. One of my favorite items!
 Chopsticks - If you don't have chopsticks or don't know how to use one, forks are fine too
Whisk - I like the silicone ones for the simple fact that it won't scratch my bowls.
Medium size pot - for stews and soups!
Measuring Cups - Super useful when baking and cooking with specific amount of ingridients 

Cutting Boards - I still love the bamboo ones the most! <3

Knifes - I use bigger ones for meat and fish, smaller ones for veggie and fruit

Sauce Pan - For smaller portion of soup (1-2 serving) and to make sauces.

Ladle - For scooping soup

Strainer - For getting food out of water, i.e. noodles, veggies.

Stir Fry Pan - To many people's surprises, Asian people don't really use Wok at home, Stir Fry Pan is what I use to cook on a daily basis.

Once you have all of the above, you should be ready to make your own delicious food with me anytime now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for tuning in, 'till next time!
Be Inspired!

Love, 
Vicky




No comments:

Post a Comment